Competition: Mentoring Program 2017 - the finalists have been announced!
In April 2017, fashion designers from Berlin were invited to apply for the sustainability mentoring program launched by Fashion Council Germany, Frankfurt Exhibition (organizer of Greenshowroom and Ethical Fashion Show Berlin) and Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Public Enterprises.
A total of 21 berlin-based designer applied for the 6 month mentoring program, and 5 of them made it to the next round:
- Benu Berlin
- Farrah Floyd
- Philomena Zanetti
the 5 finalists are going in the hot and final phase of competition and will present their projects in front of a national jury of design- and sustainability professionals.
- Claudia Hofmann (Fashion Stylist and Consultant & board member of Fashion Council Germany)
- Olaf Schmidt (Vice President Textiles & Textile Technologies Frankfurt Exhibition)
- Tanja Mühlhans (Leadership department creative industries/ Projekt Zukunft Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Technology and Research)
- Angele Zettner (Leadership creative purchasing department, Manufactum)
- Melissa Drier (Fashion Journalist and Women’s Wear Daily Correspondent)
The winner of the mentoring program 2017 will be guided trough workshops, coaching and mentoring programmes provided by The Fashion Council Germany and its members to support creative young designers, as well as give advice on creative, production, and distribution processes, and the strategy and media sectors. Besides mentoring and workshops the winner will have access to participate at Greenshowroom Berlin in summer 2017.
News Sustainable Fashion